Novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
Peel Electrical Service in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As you would be very much aware, the Coronavirus is spreading internationally and the World Health Organisation (WHO) is on high alert. Therefore, it is appropriate and timely that Peel Electrical Service sets plans in place to ensure minimal disruption to the business to maintain stability and business continuity.
We wish to instigate the following actions in order that we take appropriate steps to mitigate against the spread of the virus as it relates to our own work environment.
- If you have developed any procedures that we are required to comply with, please forward to us immediately for review.
- You may request that our electricians that attend your property wear face mask’s/gloves whilst working inside your home/workplace.
- You may request limiting physical contact, such as hand shaking.
- If you have any questions. we then ask that you call the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080. It operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please determine with them, the optimal way to seek medical assistance (ie, it may not necessarily be via your regular GP).
Preventing the spread of COVID-19
We are taking these steps to protect all employees and clients.
We wish to ensure we maintain a safe, healthy and hazard free workplace, however, we can only do this with your help and support. In principle, we will also be supporting the following:
- We request that if you are required to self-isolate/have been out of the country in the last fourteen days/ have been in close contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus that you contact our office immediately to discuss rescheduling your scheduled appointment this is for the health and safety of not just our electrician’s but other customers, friends and family.
- We recommend that you consider unnecessary touching of other people, for example, seek permission from the other person, before you shake hands. You may also choose to not shake hands with others.
- We encourage all personnel to be extra vigilant and considerate regarding their personal hygiene. Ensure you wash your hands regularly throughout the day and apply hand sanitiser as necessary.
- Electricians will carry Sanitizers for use when visiting our clients for service calls and electrical maintenance we will also offer the option to reschedule your appointment if you decide you don’t want excessive contact with people.
We will be reviewing these actions daily in consideration of the Coronavirus status and will provide updates as to when things will change and/or be relaxed.
For your reference and knowledge, we have included a copy of the following documents that this all pertains to:
✓ Australian Government Department of Health Australian Health Sector Emergency Response Plan for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) <- Download
✓ Australian Government Department of Health Isolation Guidance for Novel coronavirus (COVID-19). <- Download
✓ Australian Government Fair Work Ombudsmen Coronavirus and Australian workplace laws <- Download
✓ Preparing for Coronavirus guide.<- Download